Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tile magnets

I haven't made these in awhile, but I had some 2x2 tiles on hand and thought they might make some cute gifts.   Great for Grandparents! (=
I tried two different methods.  The first was with tissue paper.  You need to tape your tissue paper onto some cardstock and run it directly through your printer.  Cut out your photos and apply with Mod Podge.  When using Mod Podge and tissue paper you are going to get some wrinkles in the paper. So I thought I would also try it using just thin computer paper.  This method is a little easier and you don't get the wrinkles you would with tissue paper.

  It's hard to see the difference here, but the bottom one's were made using tissue paper.
Use a hotglue gun to apply the magnets!!!
CUTE and SIMPLE

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You simply amaze me!!! You are soooooooooooooooo talented!!!! WOW!! These are AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):)

farmhouse-story said...

these are such a cute gift idea, jennifer! love them:)